Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Be The Best To Get The Best



   
 Have you ever wondered when it was going to be your turn at something? Do you ever ask: When am I going to get married? When am I going to get a promotion/job? I am pretty sure these and other things are your concern just as much as they are mine. Often times we get so caught up in wanting and waiting for God's best. That's all fine and dandy but what are you doing to ready yourself in the process? In 2009 the question I asked was, God when are You going to send the right person in my life? I didn't get the answer I was expecting. I was told that it wasn't the time and in fact it was going to be a while. At first it was not very encouraging because that was the LAST thing I wanted to hear but I asked God for understanding because Ephesians 5:17 prompts us to not be foolish but to understand what the Lord's will is.

He let me know that who He has planned for my life will be His absolute best. After all my Father's plans are to prosper me and not to harm me (Jeremiah 29:11). And If indeed I am to receive His best I have to become His best. It was pretty selfish of me to ask for something that I wasn't. I know some of you are thinking that I was little hard on myself. Actually I wasn't, if you really knew me before my growth in Christ, I was a far cry from a Proverbs 31 woman. We should all take some time and do a little personal inventory. You will be surprised at what you will and won't find. WARNING: This is not for the weak, timid, and faint at heart (which all of us are outside of Him). I suggest you let Jesus be your guide.

It has been revealed to me over the years that God has already placed the right people in my life and for now that is all that I need. Since starting this wonderful journey with Christ, He has allowed my life to be graced with so many wonderful people. It is through these relationships I am able to become God's best. Proverbs 27:17 states Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Be mindful of the company you keep. Once again take inventory; some people may need to be purged from your life. It is so easy to hold onto what is familiar even if it's not healthy or helpful.

   

5 comments:

  1. Really inspiring thoughts! I´m a mom of an 11 years old boy, I also have now a step-daughter, or as we say in Spanish "hijita del corazón" (little daughter of heart), as I found the right person for me after a couple of years of having my son. Having God in our heart will always lead in good results. "Be mindful of the company you keep. Once again take inventory; some people may need to be purged from your life."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and for your kind words. I love the phrase 'little daughter of heart' because that's exactly what she is. I pray The Lord continues to bless your blended family. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Ariel!! Have a wonderful day you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And If indeed I am to receive His best I have to become His best." <<---- That makes a world of difference! This was an awesome and inspiring post, Ariel. Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariel, thanks so much for your support. Blessings to you sister.

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to leave comments. Please keep in mind this is a community that uplifts and supports. Any negative or judgemental comments will not be published.