Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Draw Near

The most recent discussion on Right To R.E.A.L Love Radio is titled "The RIGHT Way to Pursue a Woman". Jay, Isaiah, and Jamie really paint an accurate picture of God's purpose for men, women, and relationships. While listening I thought about a blog post I wrote back in 2011. Enjoy!

I used to love watching Dukes of Hazard when I was younger. My favorite character was Rosco P. Coltrane. It tickled my soul when he would shout that he was in “hot pursuit” and the chase would be on. As I grew older and became interested in dating I lost interest for Sheriff Coltrane’s type of pursuit. Isn’t it every woman’s desire to be pursued? It’s one of the things that makes us feel desirable and pretty. Lately, I’ve noticed that I am being pursued by God. That’s right. I am being pursued by God and I like it.

Last month I was telling one of my best friends about a situation that I had been dealing with. As I talked about the issue God revealed to me that I still harbored ill feelings towards the person who wronged me. I looked at my friend and said, “I don’t think I have forgiven them. If so I would not keep bringing it up.” I went on to say that I was owed an apology in order for things to ever be right again. Those were my feelings and I was going to stick to them no matter what. I felt justified because I was not angry with the individual and did not want payback. All I wanted was an apology. Was that too much to ask for? My friend and I got into the car and I turned on the radio in search of a good sermon. I found one! It was about forgiveness and coming to realization that it is not for the other person but for you and that an apology may never be received. I looked at my friend and said, “I think God is speaking to me.” Her jaw dropped.

For the past month I’ve noticed God has been pursuing me through my car radio. He knows that I spend 6 hours of my day riding in my car. It’s as if he wants to be sure I receive his Word. When I listen to the sermons on the radio they all seem to relate to whatever I am struggling with in my life. When it first started happening I thought it was a coincidence. But I had to remember there are no coincidences nor accidents with God. These sermons were purposeful communication from The Father to me. I realized this one afternoon as I was finishing up my work day. There was yet another sermon just for me. It was then God spoke to my heart, “I am pursuing you and I will never stop.“ I was overwhelmed and began to cry. I thought, who I am that God would actually take the time to chase after me. Out of all of the people He has created, the Most High is concerned with what is going on in my life at this very moment. I felt desired, loved, and treasured. Now whenever I get into the car and God has a sermon for me (which is 3 out of 5 days) I smile and say “God’s on the radio again.” And I ride with Him all day.

Have you ever thought about what it is like to be pursued by the Lord? He wants your attention and will show up in the most unlikely places to get it. James 4:8 tells us to draw near to God and He will draw near to us.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing sis! God definitely was pursuing you and making sure you got what he had in store for you, whether it was a lesson or a blessing.

    I honestly believe that God is pursuing us more than we realize. Oftentimes, especially personally, it's because we are too busy to acknowledge Him. I know I'm guilty of this.

    I'm in the process of learning how to slow down and turn my attention to God and nothing us. I want to be able to remove all distractions and solely place my focus on Him.

    Pray for me as I continue to develop sis.

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to leave comments. Please keep in mind this is a community that uplifts and supports. Any negative or judgemental comments will not be published.