Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sinking In Sin?


Out of all the exams one can take I can't stand multiple choice tests. When I am not sure of myself the various choices can be overwhelming. My first thought is to go with my gut but then I change my mind and talk myself out it. This has really caused me to look at life's situations and see where I am ignoring my gut. It's wonderful how God will always guide you. All you have to do is ask.

Every day we have so many choices we can make. You know that little thing called free will. Every second of every day  there are other forces at work...other voices that can speak into our lives. We have to be careful as to which one we give ear to. If you are allowing something to draw you away from God you can turn it around. It's never too late. Some things are easier said than done though and sound better in theory. I get it. Trust me. I wouldn't doubt if everybody at some point in their lives has had this battle. It's not a fun one either. But you are not alone.

During times like this I can relate to Paul in Romans 7:15-26 when he was discussing how he felt about the sin in his life. When I read the passage I can feel the angst leaping off the page. However, in the last verse he thanks God for Jesus Christ who is powerful to save us all (Romans 7:25). This should serve as reminder of  hope, salvation, and redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are more than welcome to leave comments. Please keep in mind this is a community that uplifts and supports. Any negative or judgemental comments will not be published.